Q100525: Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) license install errors
When the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) is used to install a license it checks if the license is valid before installing it to the correct location on your machine.
If the license is detected as invalid, the FLU will display a warning message and reason why the license is invalid instead of installing it.
If the FLU will not install a license then it'll show a warning message with a reason why the license wasn't installed.
You can find out more information about the error by clicking on the ? help icon on the right hand side. In this example the info displayed is
Clicking on "FIND OUT MORE" will open an article about the error on the Support Portal. Hopefully this should explain why the problem is happening and give you guidance on what to do next.
Specific error messages are covered in the following articles:
- Q100526: "Invalid SystemID" and "Wrong host for license" error messages
- Q100527: Unable to install or use floating licenses with missing HOST and ISV lines
- Q100528: License Install Errors due to Corrupted or Incomplete License Strings
- Q100529: Licensing Error Messages due to Expired Licenses
- Q100530: License Error Messages with "invalid hash" or "bad signature"
If you cannot resolve the problem from the information in the FLU and on the Support Portal then please raise a support ticket so that the support team can help you. Please click on My Support > Submit a Request from the menu above to raise a ticket.
Please include a screenshot of the error message along with a diagnostic output file from the FLU when you raise the ticket. Please see Q100105: How to generate a license diagnostic file for instructions on how to do this.
For more information about licensing please see the Foundry Licensing Online Help
The Support Portal has articles on installing different license types:
- Q100026: How to install a nodelocked license
- Q100027: How to install a floating license
- Q100282: What is login-based licensing and which products is it available for?
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why