Q100526: "Invalid SystemID" and "Wrong host for license" error messages
A license will only work if the SystemID it is generated for is a valid SystemID for the machine it is installed on.
Attempting to use a license with an invalid SystemID will produce an error message in the application or prevent a license server from running.
The Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) will only install licenses for SystemIDs that are valid for the machine it is running on.
Error message within an application
If an application can only find a license with an invalid SystemID it will fail to launch and show an error message saying "wrong host for license" in the Status window of the applications licensing dialog.
Error message from the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU)
If you try to install a license with an invalid SystemID the FLU with report that the license is invalid due to having a different SystemID.
NOTE: If you pass the FLU multiple licenses to install it will install any valid licenses (such as those with valid SystemIDs) and produce a warning message for any invalid licenses.
Error message from RLM Server log
If you try and float a server license for an invalid SystemID the server log will include a message that the license is "not on this host".
06/07 15:20 (foundry) Settings from RLM Version 10.1BL2 for ISV "foundry"
06/07 15:20 (foundry) Server architecture: x64_m1
Copyright (C) 2006-2017, Reprise Software, Inc. All rights reserved.
RLM contains software developed by the OpenSSL Project
for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org)
Copyright (c) 1998-2008 The OpenSSL Project. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1995-1998 Eric Young (firstname.lastname@example.org) All rights reserved.
06/07 15:20 (foundry) ****************************************
06/07 15:20 (foundry) /Library/Application Support/TheFoundry/RLM//foundry_float.lic: not on this host
If you encounter one of the error messages above then you will need to either:
- Install the license on the correct machine. Please see the following links for more info
Licensing Online Help - Installing Licenses
Q100026: How to install a nodelocked license
Q100027: How to install a floating license
- Request to transfer the license to another machine.
Q100001: Can I transfer my license to another machine?
- Raise a support ticket if you believe that the license should be valid for the machine you are using or installing it on. Please attach a diagnostic file from the FLU on your machine to the support ticket so that we can check the licensing setup of the machine.
Q100105: How to generate a license Diagnostic file
For more information about licensing please see the Foundry Licensing Online Help
Information about the SystemID, installing licenses and install errors messages is available in the following articles:
- Q100002: What is the System ID and how do I find it?
- Q100026: How to install a nodelocked license
- Q100027: How to install a floating license
- Q100525: Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) license install errors
- Q100522: How to view the licenses installed on your machine using the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) 8.0
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why