A node-locked license allows you to run a Foundry application on a single machine.
We recommend using the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) to install licenses but you can also install node-locked from the licensing dialog in some applications.
In order for a node-locked license to work it needs to be active, valid for your machine and in a location on the machine where the application can find it. The Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) checks that a license is valid before installing it to the correct location on your machine. If the license is invalid for any reason, the FLU will provide feedback on why it couldn't install the license.
Installing node-locked licenses with FLU 8
To install a node-locked license with the FLU, do the following:
- Open the FLU
- Click Licenses > Install
- Click Select File and browse to the location where you saved the license key file
- Click Into Text Field and copy and paste the full license key text into the window
- Click Install
The FLU will then show summary info about the license(s) it has installed. For more info about viewing the licenses installed on your machine with the FLU, please see Q100522: How to view the licenses installed on your machine using the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) 8
If there are any problems with the license you tried to install the FLU will tell you why the license was invalid. The following article has more info: Q100525: Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) license install errors
Once the license is installed you can install and launch the product by following the guidance in our Online Help documentation: https://learn.foundry.com/
Using the License Dialog in an application
We recommend using the FLU to install licenses but you can also use the licensing dialog in most of our applications to install node-locked licenses.
NOTE: Modo 11 and above have a different license dialog. Please follow the instructions above to install Modo RLM licenses with the FLU. The instructions below do not apply to Modo.
- Launch the application (please run as Administrator on Windows) and the Licensing dialog will appear if it cannot find a license.
- Click Install License
- Click Install from Disk and browse to the location where you saved the license and click Open/OK
- Click Activation Key / License Text and drag and drop the license file or copy and paste the full license key into the 'Copy/Paste license text here' area and click Install
- Click Launch to run the application
For more information about licensing please see the Foundry Licensing Online Help
The Support Portal also has articles on installing different license types:
- Q100027: How to install a floating license
- Q100282: What is login-based licensing and which products is it available for?
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why