Which Foundry applications have login licensing?
Login based licensing is currently available for
- Modo Maintenance and Modo Subscription
- Mari Individual Subscription
- Nuke Indie
- Nuke Non-Commercial and Mari Non-Commercial
- Power Translators ans Power SubD-NURBS
We are investigating the possibility of offering login licensing for other products in future.
What is Login-based Licensing?
With login-based licenses the entitlement to run the software is tied to your account on the Foundry website rather than to a specific machine. These licenses allow you to easily activate or deactivate the program on different machines depending on where you need to use the software, provided you have an active internet connection.
The way login-based licensing works is as follows:
- When you activate your license on a machine, a 37 day offline license or token is installed to one of the following directories:
- When you run the program again, if it has an internet connection, it will connect to the website to check it is still valid and then get a new 37 day license
- As long as you connect to the internet at least every 37 days you can keep running the program for the duration of your subscription or indefinitely for Modo with Maintenance
- When you "Log Out" or "Deactivate" the program it tells the website the machine has been deactivated and removes the license. You can then activate it on another machine
- The system allows you to activate your entitlement on up to 2 machines at a time
NOTE: If you go for longer than 37 days without connecting to the internet then the local Modo, Mari or Nuke Indie license on the machine will expire. As soon as you reconnect to the internet and run the program again it will get a new license & token which will be valid for a further 37 days.
NOTE: If you are connected to the internet behind network security or a firewall, this may prevent the software connecting to the Foundry website to update the local license. To avoid any issues, we would recommend adding the exceptions found in this guide: Q100304: Login-based licence 'CURL' error
More information about Modo Subscription and Modo Maintenance is available at:
More information about Mari Individual Subscription is available at:
Please see the following articles for detailed instructions on how to use your login-based licenses:
- Q100585: How to activate your login-based licence on your device
- Q100586: How to de-activate your login-based licence
- Q100285: Troubleshooting Login-based Licensing
- Q100286: How to manage your login-based licenses
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why