Foundry login-based licensing gives you the flexibility to easily use your license on different machines when or if you need to.
Individual login-based licensing allows you to activate up to two machines at a time.
When you need to deactivate your product from a machine so you can activate it elsewhere, you can either deactivate it directly from the program or through the Foundry website.
You can view your current login licenses and entitlements by logging in to foundry.com and visiting the Login Licenses page.
Note: These steps are for individual licenses only. If you are using a teams license, the steps to de-activate a teams license can be found here: Q100661: How to deactivate your teams login-based license
DEACTIVATING THROUGH THE WEBSITE
You can deactivate the individual login-based license from your activated machine through the Login Licenses page on the Foundry website by following the steps below. This is useful if you need to use your license at home but forgot to log out of the software on another machine.
Login into your Foundry.com account and click Login Licenses in the Menu bar on the left of the screen.
- The page will display a list of your login licenses along with a number of active seats.
Note: If your account is tied to a set of Team Licenses, please make sure you have Individual Licenses selected
- Hover over the Actions menu next to your chosen license and click Manage seats.
- Click Release on the device you wish to deactivate.
- You will then be redirected back to the Login Licenses page and you should see a successful release notification on the page
You will then be able to login to your product on a new machine.
DEACTIVATING FROM THE PROGRAM
You can also deactivate your license from your machine via the software itself. Please follow the steps below to deactivate your login-based license from the program.
DEACTIVATING IN MODO 15/NUKE 13.2/MARI 7.0 AND ABOVE
Open the Licensing App by selecting “Licensing” in the “Help” dropdown (this example is from Modo).
To return your license, select “Manage Login Licenses”.
Tick the license in use and click “Return.”
The license will then be deactivated from the machine and the original Licensing app will display prompting to install a license.
DEACTIVATING IN OLDER PRODUCT BUILDS
Launch the software and and navigate to Help > Licensing (this example is from Mari)
- The Licensing dialog box will then display the active license installed on the machine
- Click on one of the following options
- Deactivate <Product> to deactivate just this one product on the machine
- Deauthorise Device to deactivate all login licenses on the machine
- Deauthorise All Devices to log out of all your active sessions for all login licenses. You will then need to login again for any login license entitlements on other machines
- Quit the program
More information about individual login-based licensing is available in the following articles:
Q100585: How to activate your individual login-based license
Q100285: Troubleshooting individual login-based licensing
Q100282: What is individual login-based licensing and which products is it available for?
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why