If you are encountering any problems with your licenses and cannot resolve the problem using the information in Licensing Online User Guide or the Support Portal Licensing Help section then please generate a Diagnostic File from the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) and send it to us on a Support ticket.
NOTE: For problems with floating licenses, please generate an FLU Diagnostic file from BOTH the license server and a client machine running the application.
NOTE: If you're running a non-Foundry installation of an RLM server and/or your licenses are installed in a custom location then the FLU Diagnostic file may not find all the licensing info on your machine. For those setups, please generate a diagnostic file from the RLM Webserver. Q100556: How to generate a diagnostic file from the RLM webserver
The FLU can create a license diagnostic file for a machine to help with troubleshooting licensing problems. A diagnostic files includes lots of useful information about the licensing setup such as
- The machines hostname, System ID and IP address
- Any license files installed on the machine and whether they are valid or not
- If the server tools are installed
- Server log files and license error log files
- Advanced license setup info such as licensing environment variables and server options files
No personal information is gathered.
Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) 8
FLU 8 in GUI mode
- Launch the FLU
- Go to the Help tab and click on Create Report in the Diagnostics Report panel
- Click Save Report to write out the diagnostic file to send to support
FLU 8 in command line mode
- Open a terminal or command prompt and run one of the following commands:
C:\Program Files\FoundryLicensingUtility\bin\FoundryLicenseUtility.exe -d
or if the FLU was only installed for your user:
- The tool will prompt you to save a text file. Enter Y to save it.
FLU 7.3 and earlier
If you are using the Foundry Licensing Tools 7, a copy of the FLU will be installed along with the tools.
- Windows: C:\Program Files\The Foundry\LicensingTools7.X\
- macOS: Applications/TheFoundry/LicensingTools7.X
- Linux: /usr/local/foundry/LicensingTools7.X
The steps to generate a diagnostic file are different for older versions of the Foundry License Utility.
Windows and macOS
- Launch the Foundry License Utility (FLU) as an admin user
- Go to the Diagnostics tab and click on Run Diagnostics
- Click on Save
Run the following commands:
sudo ./FoundryLicensingUtility -d
The tool will then prompt you to save a text file. Enter Y to save it.
How to open a Support request
Please create a support request and attach your log file to this.
For more information on how to open a Support request, please refer to this article: Q100064: How to raise a support ticket
License Troubleshooting Tutorial
For more information about licensing please see the Foundry Licensing Online Help
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why