If you are encountering any problems with your RLM node-locked or floating licenses and cannot resolve the problem using the information in Licensing Online User Guide or the Support Portal Licensing Help section then please generate a Diagnostic File from the Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) and send it to us on a Support ticket.
NOTE: For problems with floating licenses, please generate an FLU Diagnostic file from BOTH the license server and a client machine running the application.
If you are encountering issues with your login-based license, please follow the steps outlined here: Q100285: Troubleshooting individual login-based Licensing
If you have further issues, we may also wish to see a diagnostic log file for this to get more information about your machine.
The FLU can create a license diagnostic file for a machine to help with troubleshooting licensing problems. A diagnostic files includes lots of useful information about the licensing setup such as
- The machines hostname, System ID and IP address
- Any license files installed on the machine and whether they are valid or not
- If the server tools are installed
- Server log files and license error log files
- Advanced license setup info such as licensing environment variables and server options files
No personal information is gathered.
Foundry Licensing Utility (FLU) 9
FLU 8 & 9 in GUI mode
- Launch the FLU
- Go to the Help tab and click on Create Report in the Diagnostics Report panel
- Click Save Report to write out the diagnostic file to send to support
FLU 8 in command line mode
- Open a terminal or command prompt and run one of the following commands:
C:\Program Files\FoundryLicensingUtility\bin\FoundryLicenseUtility.exe -d
or if the FLU was only installed for your user:
- The tool will prompt you to save a text file. Enter Y to save it.
FLU 7.3 and earlier
If you are using the Foundry Licensing Tools 7, a copy of the FLU will be installed along with the tools.
- Windows: C:\Program Files\The Foundry\LicensingTools7.X\
- macOS: Applications/TheFoundry/LicensingTools7.X
- Linux: /usr/local/foundry/LicensingTools7.X
The steps to generate a diagnostic file are different for older versions of the Foundry License Utility.
Windows and macOS
- Launch the Foundry License Utility (FLU) as an admin user
- Go to the Diagnostics tab and click on Run Diagnostics
- Click on Save
Run the following commands:
sudo ./FoundryLicensingUtility -d
The tool will then prompt you to save a text file. Enter Y to save it.
How to open a Support request
Please create a support request and attach your log file to this.
For more information on how to open a Support request, please refer to this article: Q100064: How to raise a support ticket
License Troubleshooting Tutorial
For more information about licensing please see the Foundry Licensing Online Help
Steps on troubleshooting Individual Login-based licenses can be found here: Q100285: Troubleshooting individual login-based Licensing
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why