Q100026: How to install a node-locked license
This article illustrates how you can install a node-locked RLM or FLEXlm license received from The Foundry to use on your personal machine. This is relevant for Nuke, Mari, Hiero, Ocula, Collectives and RLM Modo licenses as part of a Collective.
Instructions on how to activate login-based licenses for Modo 11 (Modo Subscription or Modo with Maintenance) can be found in Q100283: How to activate a Login-based or Subscription License
If you purchased Modo 10 series or earlier on its own then please see Q100139: How to Install a Legacy MODO License
You can install nodelocked licenses using the Foundry License Utility (FLU) or the Product License Dialog.
Using the Foundry License Utility (FLU)
The Foundry License Utility (FLU) will verify a license for you and install it to the correct location(s) on your machine
OSX and Windows
NOTE: On Windows you can run the FLU as administrator by using the right click context menu option 'Run as administrator'.
1. Download and unzip the Foundry License Utility (FLU)
2. Save the license as a plain text file called "foundry.lic" in the same location as the unzipped FLU
./FoundryLicenseUtility -l foundry.lic
This will install the license file on disk allowing you to launch and use product.
Using the Product License Dialog
1. Download the product installer for your platform and install it.
2. Launch the product.
NOTE: On Windows please launch the product as administrator by using the right click context menu option 'Run as administrator' to install your license to the correct directory.
3. The licensing dialog will appear when the program fails to find a license. Select 'Install License' then select 'Activation Key / License Text'.
4. Either drag and drop the license file (usually called foundry.lic) or copy and paste the full license key text in to the licensing dialog area showing 'Copy/Paste license text here'
6. Click Launch to launch the product
Please refer to the Foundry Licensing Tools User Guide for more information on licensing The Foundry products.
Keywords: node-locked, nodelocked, license installation, license install