License roaming is when a floating license is checked out for a number of days so you can keep running the program when off the network or offline. This functionality is available for Modo 12.2v2 and above, earlier versions cannot roam a license.
NOTE: Roaming a Modo license is only possible for standalone Modo licenses. It isn't possible to roam a Modo license from a Collective license. If you cannot access roaming functionality for your floating Modo licenses then please raise a support ticket.
This information is for older builds of Modo, for Modo 15 and above, please see: Q100608: How to roam a Modo license from a license server
How to roam a Modo license
You can check if your license has roaming enabled by launching Modo and clicking on "Help > Modo Licensing" from the menu. The license status information will indicate if roaming is enabled or not.
Floating license for Modo will be issued as roaming enabled by default. If roaming is not enabled for you and you would like to roam licenses then please open a support ticket to request this.
If it is enabled then you can roam a license by doing the following:
- Launch Modo and click on "Help > Modo Licensing"
- Enter the number of days you need to go offline for and click on "Roam"
- You can then take the machine offline and use the license for the specified number of days, after which it will be automatically checked back in to the server
How to return a roamed Modo license
By default your machine will keep the license checked out for the full roaming period. Once the roam times out the license will be available again on the license server and the machine cannot run Modo until it reconnects to the network and license server.
If you want to return a roamed license you need to do this from the machine that checked the license out, it isn't possible to reclaim it from the license server itself. Do the following to return a roamed license:
- Reconnect to the same network as your license server
- Launch Modo and click on Help > Modo Licensing and then click on "Return Roam"
- Exit Modo and the license will be returned to the server
Please note that the "Return Roam" button only appears if you have already roamed a license and then restarted Modo, it doesn't appear in the same Modo session that you roamed the license from.
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why