Q100427: What Are The Limitations Of Nuke Non-Commercial
This article details the limitations of Nuke Non-Commercial.
Nuke Non-Commercial has some license restrictions, meaning that certain nodes within Nuke are unavailable in Nuke Non-Commercial. There are also a few functional differences between Commercial and Non-Commercial versions of the Nuke family. Here are the most important limitations of using the Non-Commercial versions:
- Output resolution is limited to HD (1920 x 1080).
- The WriteGeo, Primatte, Ultimatte, BlinkScript, and GenerateLUT nodes are disabled.
- 2D format support is disabled for MPEG4 and h264.
- There’s no support for third-party plug-ins—only plug-ins that ship with Nuke are supported.
- Data storage is encrypted, meaning that you cannot open Nuke Non-commercial files in the commercial version of Nuke.
- Python scripting is limited.
For more information regarding Nuke Non-Commercial restrictions and functionality, please visit our Non-Commercial FAQ Page.
More information about Nuke Non-Commercial is available on the Nuke Non-Commercial page of the Foundry Website and in the following articles on the Support Portal:
- Q100423: How To Get A Nuke Non-Commercial Entitlement
- Q100405: How To Activate A Nuke Non-Commercial Entitlement
- Q100406: How to Deactivate a Nuke Non-Commercial Entitlement
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why