The Free Student License program is an opportunity for new students to experiment with Foundry products for one year, free of charge. The program allows eligible students to obtain a one year Education Collective license (Nuke Studio, Mari, Modo, CaraVR and Katana).
More information about the program and how to apply can be found on the Foundry Education Program for Students & Graduates page of our website.
If you’ve successfully applied for the Free Student License program you’ll receive an Activation Key for the Education Collective via email that will look like the following:
The Activation Key will provide you with a nodelocked/single machine license for the whole Education Collective. Please follow the instructions below to get up and running:
- Find your System ID
To find the System ID of a machine, launch the FLU and click on System ID on the left hand side
Click on Copy to Clipboard to copy the System ID so you can enter it in our website or an email to Sales
- Use your Activation Key with our website to generate your license
Go to https://www.foundry.com/licensing/activate-product and enter your activation key followed by your System ID and click on the Activate button. Your license will then be displayed on screen and also emailed to you.
- Install the License
Copy and paste the full License Key text from the email you receive into the “License Install” window via these steps:
- Open the FLU
- Click Licenses > Install
- Click Into Text Field and copy and paste the full license key text into the window
- Click Install
The FLU will install the license for you and will now be licensed for the programs in the Education Collective.
- Install the programs
You can download the latest versions of the programs in the Education Collective individually from the product download pages on our website.
- Nuke/NukeX/NukeStudio: https://www.foundry.com/products/nuke/download
- Modo: https://www.foundry.com/products/modo/download
- Mari: https://www.foundry.com/products/mari/download
- CaraVR: https://www.foundry.com/products/cara-vr-nuke/download
- Katana: https://www.foundry.com/products/katana/download
More information about the Student Education Collective is available on the Foundry Education Program for Students & Graduates page of our website.
Helpful licensing articles for installing licenses can be found at the following links
- Q100002: What is the System ID and how do I find it?
- Q100026: How to install a nodelocked license
- Q100259: How to use an Activation Key to install your license
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why