Q100105: Diagnosing License Problems
If you are encountering any problems with your licensing then please generate a license diagnostic file from the Foundry License Utility (FLU) and send it in to us on a support ticket.
How to Generate a License Diagnostic File
OSX and Windows
- Run the FLU as an admin user (on Windows, right click on the FLU and select "Run As Administrator")
- Go to the "Diagnostics" tab and click on "Run Diagnostics"
- When it finishes, click on "Save" to generate the file.
NOTE: There is a bug with saving diagnostics files with FLU 7.3v1 on Windows 10. Please see Q100366: Foundry License Utility (FLU) 7.3v1 crashes on Windows 10 when saving diagnostics file for more information.
- Open a terminal, navigate to the directory where you saved the FLU
- Run the following command:
- When prompted, save the file.
NOTE: For problems with floating licences, please generate a diagnostic file from both the license server and client machine.
NOTE: If you have installed the Foundry Licensing Tools (FLT) on your license server then a copy of the Foundry License Utility will already be installed in the following locations:
- OSX: /Applications/TheFoundry/LicensingTools7.3/
- Windows: C:\Program Files\The Foundry\LicensingTools7.3\
- Linux: /usr/local/foundry/LicensingTools7.3/
How to Create a Support Ticket
Please then send the file(s) to us, along with a description of the problem you are encountering, by creating a support ticket using the "Create a Ticket" link on the top of the Support Portal Page.
NOTE: The "Create a Ticket" button will only be visible when you are logged in to the Support Portal.
Keywords: Troubleshooting license issues, license diagnostics, reporting license issues
We're sorry to hear that!Please tell us why.