SYMPTOMSThis article explains possible causes why Mari could have problems launching without providing a specific error message.
CAUSEThere are several possible causes for Mari not launching or crashing on launch.
The most common ones are:
1) Your machine is using Intel HD Graphics (not supported)
2) You do not have permissions for your config files
PYTHONHOMEenvironment variable is set to a different Python version or an invalid directory.
4) Your machine has a 10th or 11th generation Intel CPU
RESOLUTION1) Intel HD graphics are not supported by Mari. You will require an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card with the latest drivers. More details for system requirements can be found here. If you are using a laptop with 2 GPUs, this article explains how to assign your dedicated GPU to Mari.
2) Navigate to your Mari config folder and recursively change the permissions of the entire folder containing all files. The method of changing permissions can vary between OS. On Linux and Mac systems this is done best through the chmod command, whilst on Windows it is best to select the .mari folder in your home area and giving full access for your user account to this folder and all subfolders and files.
3) Mari 3.0 upgraded from Python 2.6 to Python 2.7. Many pipelines are built around the use of Python 2.6 and make use of the
PYTHONHOMEenvironment variable to point to a specific python install. If this variable is pointing to an invalid directory or out-of-date version of Python this might cause a crash or disable selected features. Unsetting the environment variable before the launch of Mari will solve those issues as Mari will use its own Python install.
- Please review the following article for how to unset environment variables on your machine: Q100127: How to delete/unset environment variables
Further information on this known issue and full instructions for applying the workaround can be found in the article linked below:
If you are still seeing any issues after performing the steps outlined in this article, then please open a Support ticket and let us know the issue you are encountering and the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far. The information we require to investigate is outlined under Q100090: Reporting a Mari issue .
For more information on how to open a Support ticket, please refer to the 'Using the Support Portal' article.
2 out of 31 found this helpful
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why