When activating a teams license on your machine, a preference folder is saved to your machine so you do not need to log in each time you launch the software. More information on this can be found here: Q100662: What is Teams licensing and how does it work?
Closing down the application after use will automatically return the license seat back to the teams licensing pool. The license will then be available for other users to activate.
However, if you no longer wish to use the teams license and want to remove this from your machine, you can do so by deactivating the license from your machine.
Note: These steps are for teams licenses only. If you are using an individual license, the steps to deactivate an individual license can be found here: Q100586: How to deactivate your individual login-based license
To fully deactivate the teams license and log out of the machine, please run the following steps in the product:
- Open the Licensing App by selecting License in the Help dropdown
- To log out, click Add License on the bottom right of the licensing window
- Select Login License
- Choose Team licensing type
- Select Logout
- The window should display a successful logout. Clicking Done will then close the software
If you are still experiencing difficulties please create a support ticket to let us know the exact issue encountered and the troubleshooting steps that have been taken.
For more information on how to open a support request, please refer to this article: Q100064: How to raise a support ticket
- Q100282: What is individual login-based licensing and which products is it available for?
- Q100662: What is Teams licensing and how does it work?
- Q100660: How to activate your teams login-based license
- Q100663: Login-based license FAQs
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why