Q100416: Scaling Nuke for 4k / High DPI monitors on Windows 10
When using Nuke on a 4k / High DPI monitor, the applications UI scaling does not conform to the scaling set in the Windows 10 display setting.
By default, the Nuke UI is too small on a 4k / High DPI monitor to use satisfactorily:
Image 1: Nuke 11.1v3 as it appears on a 4k monitor by default.
The Nuke application does not currently support 4k / High DPI monitors.
The request for native 4k / High DPI monitors support is logged under the following feature request and under review with the Nuke product team:
TP 151450 - Support for 4K High DPI monitors
In order to make the Nuke UI more readable on 4k / High DPI monitors, you must change your Windows 10 display setting and then set each Nuke application to conform to the OS display setting.
NOTE: Since Nuke will be scaled by Windows 10 and not by itself, the Nuke UI may appear have minor blurring.
First, you must set your Windows 10 display setting correctly:
- Open your Windows Settings menu and click the "System" icon.
- In the Display setting, select your 4K monitor.
- Under the "Scale and layout" heading, set the magnification size to 200%. This will scale the Windows 10 UI to better fit a 4K / High DPI monitor.
Image 2: Windows 10 Display settings screen - Scale and layout is set to 200%
Now you must set the Nuke application to conform to the Windows 10 display scaling setting.
NOTE: The steps below must be applied to all versions of Nuke individually on your machine.
- Right-click the Nuke shortcut and select "Properties".
- Switch to the "Compatibility" tab, then click the "Change high DPI settings" button.
- Tick the box under "High DPI scaling override", then change the option from Application to System. This will force Nuke to use the Windows 10 display scaling setting.
- Confirm the changes by clicking "OK". Relaunch the Nuke application and the UI should now be scaled on the 4k / High DPI monitor.
Image 3: Setting Nuke to conform to Windows 10 display scaling setting.
Once this is done, the Nuke UI will display on your 4k monitor like:
Image 4: Nuke 11.1v3 as it appears on a 4k monitor after completing the above steps.
We're sorry to hear that!Please tell us why.