Q100360: How to install the Foundry Licensing Tools (FLT)
This article details how to install the Foundry Licensing Tools (FLT) on the machine that will act as your license server.
The Foundry Licensing Tools (FLT) contains the RLM license server software to make floating licenses work on your network. The FLT install also contains a copy of the Foundry License Utility (FLU) which is used to install licenses, start and stop the RLM server, and also generate diagnostic reports to aid license troubleshooting.
NOTE: You only need to install the FLT on the machine that will act as your license server. You do not need to install the FLT on any machines that will get a license from your server or if you have a nodelocked license.
The steps to install the Foundry Licensing Tools depend upon the operating system:
Windows and OSX
- Download the FLT from www.foundry.com/licensing
- Run the FLT installer as a user with admin rights
- on Windows, right click on the FLT installer and select "Run as Administrator"
- Download FLT for Linux from www.foundry.com/licensing and save it to /tmp
- Open a terminal and run the following commands to extract and install the FLT
tar xvzf FLT_7.3v2_linux-x86-release-64.tgz
The RLM server will now start up (and automatically whenever the machine restarts) and float any licenses you have installed.
Detailed information about the Foundry Licensing Tools can be found in the Foundry Licensing Tools User Guide.
For more information about getting up and running with your licenses, please see the following articles on the Support Portal:
- Q100002: What is the System ID and how do I find it?
- Q100026: How to install a nodelocked license
- Q100027: How to install a floating license
- Q100264: How to point a machine to your RLM license server
- Q100105: Diagnosing License Problems
- Q100361: How to update to Foundry Licensing Tools 7.3
We're sorry to hear that!Please tell us why.