Q100147: How to mimic other 3d programs' navigation controls
This article explains how you can change MODO's navigation controls; to either match other 3d software packages or set your own behaviour for mouse clicks and modifier keys.
You can change MODO's navigation controls to match other 3d packages by selecting a preset within MODO's preferences by doing the following:
- Launch MODO and then open the Preferences.
- On OSX this can be found under the "modo" menu
- On Windows and Linux the Preferences are under the System menu
- In the Preferences window, navigate to Input > Remapping
- Here you can then change 'Mouse Input Preset' to one of the following:
- 3ds Max
- Cinema 4D
- MODO (default)
- Maya (several different options)
- Softimage XSI
Alternatively you can set your own choice for the behaviour associated with different mouse clicks and modifier keys using the Input Editor, which can be found under the System menu.
Further information on the Input Editor and how to use it can be found here: Q100123: Setting custom keyboard shortcuts in MODO
Keywords: Navigation, Mouse Input Preset, Input Editor, maya, 3ds max, cinema 4d
We're sorry to hear that!Please tell us why.