Due to a UI refresh problem currently logged with engineering, trying to force an update to localised files may look unsuccessful. This article describes the steps you can take to review the update results.
To improve playback performance, NukeStudio provides the ability to cache bin files locally, either individually or by setting an automatically localised folder.
A full loading orange bar above the clip in the Bin View or the Read node in the Node Graph indicates that the clip is fully localised to a temporary location on the user's machine.
If you try forcing a clip update it may look like nothing is happening because the loading bar and thumbnail do not offer any UI updates. However, in most cases the localised files are updated behind the scenes but the update is not reflected in the Thumbnail and Viewer.
HOW TO CHECK
To check if updates to your localised files are happening correctly you can do the following:
- Navigate to the directory where your localised files are stored. You can see the full folder path of your NUKE_TEMP_DIR by
- pressing Shift + S or going to Edit > Preferences to open Preferences, then
- going to Performance > Localization, then
- clicking the folder icon at the end of the "localize to" text field.
Inside the NUKE_TEMP_DIR there will by default be a folder path that corresponds to the "auto-localize from" directory, which is where your localised files for the current project are stored.
- Select the clip you want to force update, go to the Cache main menu and select Localization > Force Update > Selected or All
- You should now see that your localised files are updated, but this is not apparent in the GUI as the loading bar doesn't move and the thumbnail and Viewer are not refreshed.
- To update the thumbnail to the newest version
- NukeStudio: Right Click on the clip in your Project Bin and choose Clip > Refresh Clips. This should update the thumbnail to the newest version. You might have to clear the playback cache before the updated files show up in the viewer. To do this, go to Cache > Clear Playback Cache. Then press the play button in your viewer and it also should update to the newest version of the localised files.
- Nuke/NukeX: go to Cache > Clear All. Then press the play button in your viewer and it should update to the newest version of the localized files.
If you are still seeing any issues after performing the steps outlined in this article, then please open a Support ticket and let us know the issue you are encountering and the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.
For more information on how to open a Support ticket, please refer to the Q100064: Using the Support Portal article.