Q100115: Issues installing Broadcast Monitor cards
SUMMARYUsers can sometimes experience issues when trying to install Broadcast Monitor cards (AJA/BlackMagic) and often the problems will relate to how the drivers have been installed.
MORE INFORMATIONGetting the drivers to work can be a slightly different process for every machine as it can depend on whether drivers have been installed previously and on the admin rights of users. However, we recommend the following steps when installing drivers for Broadcast Monitor cards:
- Uninstall all previous drivers using the AJA/Blackmagic uninstaller
- Download the driver version specified on our system requirements page:
- Install the driver, ensuring you have admin rights when you run the installer
- Restart computer
- Login as admin first and launch NukeStudio (or Nuke) and check if the broadcast monitor card is available
- Login as a regular user and check if the broadcast monitor is available in Nuke/NukeStudio
If you still have problems getting Nuke/NukeStudio to recognise the Broadcast Monitor card then please repeat the steps above with the latest driver for your AJA/Blackmagic card. We have also heard from some customers that downgrading from the latest driver to 10.4.1 for AJA cards has worked for them.
NEXT STEPSIf you are still seeing any issues after performing the steps outlined in this article, then please open a Support ticket and let us know the issue you are encountering and the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.
For more information on how to open a Support ticket, please refer to the 'Using the Support Portal' article.
Keywords: broadcast monitor, monitor out, nuke