SUMMARYNuke currently supports what are considered 'complete' MXF formats, which means that certain MXF codecs will not work in Nuke.
Supported codecs include:
• 4:2:2 YCbCr 8-/10-bit
• 4:4:4:4 RGBA 8-/10-bit
• Avid 4:2:2 YCbCr 8-/10-bit
• Avid 4:4:4:4 RGBA 8-/10-bit
• Avid DNxHD (1080p and 720p 1920x1080 and 1280x720, 4:4:4:4 and 4:2:2) 36, 115, 120, 145, 175, 185, 220, 220x
• Uncompressed (4:2:2 YCbCr and RGB)
Currently unsupported codecs (as of 28/09/2016):
• DV codec family (DV, DVCAM, DVCPRO etc)
• h.264/MPEG4 (an exception to this is Sony XAVC files)
• AVC-I (AVC-Intra)
• XDCAM (DV for SD, MPEG2 for SD and HD and MPEG4 for proxy)
• Sony XAVC
Please be aware that there may be further MXF codecs that we have not tested that might also be unsupported.
This article is meant to give you additional information on currently known supported codecs and unsupported codecs as of the time of writing. For up to date information always check the online documentation and latest release notes: