Your MODO PKAT .lpk file is not installing correctly, an error message may say the following:
"The '/Library/Application Support/Luxology/Content/Assets' directory is missing or you do not have the right permissions for it. Installation will abort."
A missing directory structure or permission problems, stops the kit from installing.
There are 2 possible methods to resolve this:
1. Download and install the Content packs: http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/modo/downloads/
Ensure that your user has read and write permissions to the Assets, Kits and Samples directories found within the Content folder:
- Windows: C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Luxology\Content\
- OSX: /Library/Application Support/Luxology/Content/
- Linux: /usr/share/Luxology/Content/
2. Alternatively you can unzip the file by changing the extension from .lpk to .zip. You will then have to manually place the content.
.lpk, lpk, kit, modo kit, installation issue, permissions