Q100233: CaraVR compatibility with different branches of Nuke
This article explains about CaraVR standalone plugin compatibility between different Nuke releases.
Due to changes in the Nuke NDK (Nuke's C++ plug-in API) between major versions of Nuke, builds of NDK plugins such as CaraVR and Ocula compiled for one major version of Nuke will not work with a new major version.
This means that CaraVR releases will only work with the versions they are compiled for, which typically means they are only compatible with the versions of Nuke which are available when they are released. For example, Cara VR 1.0v6 and 2.0v1 were released in November 2017, which was before Nuke 11.1v1 was available in December 2017. Attempting to load a CaraVR node for Nuke 11.0 or earlier into Nuke 11.1 will produce an error message.
As of Nuke 12.0v1, NukeX now ships with the CaraVR nodes, so there is no longer any need to use the standalone plugin. However, CaraVR 2.1v5 was made for Nuke 12.0 so users with a CaraVR license could still use CaraVR without needing NukeX. This was the last standalone version of CaraVR.
Here is a the complete list of CaraVR releases and compatible Nuke branches:
- CaraVR 2.1v5 => Nuke 12.0
- CaraVR 2.1v4 => Nuke 11.3
- CaraVR 2.1v3 => Nuke 11.2, Nuke 11.1, Nuke 10.5
- CaraVR 2.1v2 => Nuke 11.2, Nuke 11.1, Nuke 10.5
- CaraVR 2.1v1 => Nuke 11.1, Nuke 11.0, Nuke 10.5
- CaraVR 2.0v2 => Nuke 11.1, Nuke 11.0, Nuke 10.5
- CaraVR 2.0v1 => Nuke 11.0, Nuke 10.5
- CaraVR 1.0v6 => Nuke 11.0, Nuke 10.5, Nuke 10.0, Nuke 9.0
- CaraVR 1.0v5 => Nuke 10.5, Nuke 10.0, Nuke 9.0
- CaraVR 1.0v4 => Nuke 10.5, Nuke 10.0, Nuke 9.0
- CaraVR 1.0v3 => Nuke 10.0, Nuke 9.0
- CaraVR 1.0v2 => Nuke 10.0, Nuke 9.0
- CaraVR 1.0v1 => Nuke 10.0, Nuke 9.0
Download links for CaraVR standalone are available from the CaraVR downloads page.
CaraVR is now part of NukeX, so to use CaraVR in more recent Nuke versions, please use NukeX instead.
NOTE: This issue affects other NDK plug-ins as well and is explained in the following article: Q100234: Plug-in compatibility between different versions of Nuke
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why