Q100336: Colorway setup guide
This article covers all the main steps you need to go through to get up and running with Colorway.
In order to get up and running with Colorway there are three steps you must complete:
- Install Colorway
- Install the Colorway for Modo kit
- Make sure that Colorway is licensed
NOTE: This guide is assuming you have already installed Modo on your machine. Instructions on installing Modo can be found in the Getting Started section of the Modo User Guide.
1. How to install Colorway
The simplest way to install Colorway is to do the following:
- Download the Colorway installer from the link provided by the Colorway team
- Run the installer as a user with administrator privileges and follow the on-screen instructions.
By default the program will be installed to the following location:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Colorway2.X
- macOS: /Applications/Colorway2.X.app
NOTE: If you need to install Colorway on multiple machines then it will be quicker to run the installer from a Command Prompt or Terminal and silently install it. Please see Q100337: Installing Colorway and Colorway for Modo Kit from the Command Prompt or Terminal for instructions on how to do this.
2. How to install the Colorway kit for Modo
The next step is to install the Colorway Kit. This kit enables you to export models from Modo in a Colorway compatible format.
Again, the simplest method is to do the following:
- Download the Colorway for Modo Kit installer from the link provided by the Colorway team
- Run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions
NOTE: In order for Modo to pick up the kit the installer must be ran from the same user account that will be using Modo and Colorway. If you install the kit as an admin user then regular users may not be able to use it. Please see Q100323: Colorway for Modo Kit not appearing in Modo on Windows for more information.
By default the Colorway for Modo kit is installed to the following location:
- Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Luxology\Content\Kits\ColorwayKit
- macOS: /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application\ Support/Luxology/Content/Kits/ColorwayKit
NOTE: You can also run the Colorway for Modo kit installer from a terminal or command prompt to speed up deploying it across multiple machines. Please see Q100337: Installing Colorway and Colorway for Modo Kit from the Command Prompt or Terminal for instructions on how to do this.
The Kit should now be available in Modo under the 'Render' window. If you are unable to see this please ensure that the kit is enabled in Modo by checking the following:
System > Kit Toggle Enable > ColorwayKit (disabled)
If the kit says ColorwayKit (disabled) you will need to click on this and restart Modo to activate it.
3. How to install the License
The final step is to ensure your Colorway license is installed correctly. The exact steps to do this will depend upon whether you have a nodelocked license for use on a single machine license or a floating license for use across multiple machines on the same network.
- Instructions for installing nodelocked licenses can be found in Q100026: How to install a node-locked license
- Instructions on installing floating licenses can be found in Q100027: How to install a floating license
If you encounter any problems with your licensing then please see the Licensing Help section of the Support Portal for useful information. If you cannot find the solution to your problem then please follow the instructions in Q100105: Diagnosing License Problems to generate a license diagnostic file and open a Support ticket.
You can find more information about getting up and running with Colorway in the following locations:
- Colorway Online Help
- Q100337: Installing Colorway and Colorway for Modo Kit from the Command Prompt or Terminal
We're sorry to hear that!Please tell us why.