Q100323: Colorway for Modo Kit not appearing in Modo on Windows
The Colorway tab does not appear in Modo even after installing the Colorway for Modo kit.
This can happen if the Colorway for Modo kit has been installed in a location that your user account does not have permission to view, or in a different directory to the one Modo is looking in for plugins and kits.
For example, this may happen if the Colorway for Modo kit is installed by an admin user to a location where a regular user account cannot access.
The issues can be resolved by reinstalling both Colorway and the Colorway for Modo kit to ensure they are in a location your user account can access.
Note: These instructions are written for Windows 7, therefore there will be minor differences for the installation process on Windows 10.
1. Uninstall all previously installed Colorway and Colorway for Modo Kit installations:
- To uninstall Colorway:
Start menu > All Programs > The Foundry > Colorway 2.2v3 and click "Uninstall colorway".
- To uninstall the Colorway for Modo Kit:
Start menu > All Programs > The Foundry > ColorwayKit 2.2v3 and click "Uninstall ColorwayKit".
- Optionally, if you wish to reinstall Modo then you can uninstall it from
Start menu > All Programs > Luxology > Modo > Modo <version> and click "Uninstall Modo <version>".
2. Reinstall Colorway and the Colorway for Modo kit
- Colorway 2.2v3 for Windows is available from the following link: Colorway 2.2v3 for Windows
NOTE: Please run the Colorway installer as administrator to ensure the program installs correctly
- The Colorway for Modo kit for Windows is available from the following link: COLORWAY kit 2.2v3 for MODO on Windows
NOTE: When you run the installer, make sure the path for the kit is
where "<USER>" this is the name of the user account, e.g. C:\Users\isaac\Documents\Luxology\Content
- Optionally, if you need to reinstall Modo you can download the latest versions from https://www.foundry.com/products/modo/download
NOTE: Please run the Modo installer as administrator to ensure the program installs correctly.
3. Launch Modo and check the content location is set correctly
- Open Modo
- Navigate to System menu > Preferences > Application > Preset Browser > Content Location
- set it to "C:\Users\<USER>\Documents\Luxology\Content" where "<USER>" this is the name of your user account, e.g. "C:\Users\isaac\Documents\Luxology\Content"
- Close Modo
When you next run Modo it should locate the Colorway for Modo kit and the Colorway tab should appear within Modo.
NOTE: In order to work with Colorway and Modo you'll need to have licenses for Modo, Colorway and the Colorway for Modo kit all correctly installed. Please see the License Help area of the Support Portal for help with getting up and running with licensing. If you encounter any problems with the licenses then please follow the instructions in Q100105: Diagnosing License Problems0 out of 0 found this helpful