Q100304: How to activate a Modo login-based license from behind a proxy server
This article details how to authenticate a Modo login-based license from behind a proxy server and how to get this to work if your proxy server has SSL interception.
If your connection to the internet is through a proxy server then by default this may prevent Modo from connecting to the Foundry website to activate a license on your machine. Fortunately there are a few ways you can workaround this.
1. Specifying your Proxy Server details on the Licensing Dialog
You can enter your proxy server details on the Advanced Options on the Modo Licensing dialog.
After you enter your proxy details, click on "Back" and then enter your login details as detailed in the following article: Q100283: How to activate a Login-based license for Modo
2. Proxy Servers with SSL Interception
If your proxy server has SSL interception then Modo will fail to get a license and return "CURL error: (35) SSL connect error" as an error message.
In Modo 11.1v1 and above you can work around this by setting an environment variable to tell Modo where it can find the certificate file for your proxy server. The variable is called FN_LICENSE_CERTIFICATE and you need to set it to the location of the certificate file. If you're unsure of where the certificate file is then please speak to your system administrator.
If you are still using Modo 11.0 then you can work around this by copying your own proxy certificate file over the one in Modo's install folder. The file to replace is the "ca-bundle.crt" within the Resources or resc directory of the Modo install. The default location for these file is:
- MacOS: /Applications/Modo11.0v3.app/Contents/Resources/ca-bundle.crt
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Luxology\modo\11.0v3\resrc\ca-bundle.crt
You should then be able to activate Modo 11 after supplying your proxy server details.
3. Adding Exceptions to your Proxy Server
If your proxy server blocks all outgoing communication unless they are to allowed addresses then you should be able to activate your login-based license by white-listing the following address:
- https://licenceapi.foundry.com on port 443
More information about login-based licensing is available in the following articles:
- Q100282: What is login-based licensing and which products is it available for?
- Q100285: Troubleshooting Login-based Licensing
- Q100286: How to manage your login-based licenses
We're sorry to hear thatPlease tell us why